Established during the 70s, SOL ATLÂNTICO is a company from Praia, Cape Verde, which has been serving the population in terms of public transportation. Today, the company owns a fleet of 85 buses. Apart from it, they manage more than 200 employees, with more than 30000 people using their services every day.
Being the oldest company providing this type of services in Cape Verde, SOL ATLÂNTICO knows better than anyone the needs of the people from Cape Verde.
More about SOL ATLÂNTICO here.
The strong investment in new technologies was the key for SOL ATLÂNTICO to start working with Kalipso Studio. They were looking for software to develop several solutions which could help with the management of their bus fleet in Praia, Cape Verde.
It was not only one, but five solutions the ones developed by SOL ATLÂNTICO, each one having its own purpose:
• Soldrive – bus control software for tickets and pass validation, as well as pre-purchased cards loaded with trips. It also includes features to monitor the driver and bus location.
• Solcontrol – mobile application to monitor bus drivers and ticket conductors. It is possible to check their schedule, replace them if needed.
• SolCentral – software to be installed in a control room where each of the bus lines is shown on 14 screens. Each screen shows where all the buses on a line are.
• Solbombas – software to control the gas supply as well as the kilometres of that same supply. This way it is possible to have a daily record of the consumption averages.
• SolPicking – software designed for warehouse management of components.
Hugo, from the SOL ATLÂNTICO team, already knew Kalipso before so he proposed to use this platform due to how fast one could develop a solution, as well as how easy it would be to implement it across different devices.
Essentially, they looked for a development platform that would allow them to work on complex solutions, but at the same time being able to create, implement and integrate faster than usual.
Another plus was the easy integration of Kalipso Studio with ERPs. Because some of the apps needed to synchronize with the PHC Software (an ERP solution), Kalipso was an obvious choice due to the simplicity of doing such a thing.
Overall SOL ATLÂNTICO is pretty much satisfied with Kalipso Studio. The platform was the right answer to some of their challenges and the support team was always able to help in whatever was needed. As Hugo Costa from SOL ATLÂNTICO said, “We work every day with Kalipso Studio, not only to maintain the software we made but also to implement new features or even create new and necessary things.”